Tuesday 7 April 2015

Review : MAC Russian Red

Hi All,

This is my first post on the beauty section. What would be a better product to start with, other than the Mac lipsticks :) Every girl literally every girl craves on these lipsticks and I never got why until I tried one for myself :)


I too wanted to get a Mac lipstick and know what magic it had :) So I researched for a shade which would suit me as I did not want to splurge my money on a shade which I could never wear. I was looking for Ruby woo, but couldn't find it in the Mac store so I went for Russian Red. Honestly the first few times I wore it, I wasn't a big fan of it. I thought I could find better lipsticks in my other favourite brands. But now I just love this lipstick and wear it every other day :)





Lipstick formulation:-
It is a matte finish. It is a true red with orange undertones. This colour is very flattering on the dusky Indian skin tone. I can say this is the true red for the Indian skin. I love matte finish lipsticks as they give the most intense color and make you look elegant even with a bright red lipstick on :) The lipstick is drying and that was one part for which I had not liked this lipstick earlier. But you can wear a lip balm before applying the lipstick and then you are good to go. It does not feel heavy on the lips. The lipstick is very opaque one swipe is enough to get the true color on the lips.

The packaging :-


It comes in a matte black bullet like tube. The tube closes with a click and is sturdy. The product is secure inside, even if you drop the lipstick the cap stays intact :) It has an outer cardboard packaging. Both have the name of the shade written at the top.

Price tag :-
19 euros
I guess it is 1500 INR in India.

Positives:-

  • Matte finish
  • Great red color for Indian skin tones
  • Great color pay off with single
  • Long lasting, around 5 hours
  • Sturdy packing
  • Does not accentuate fine lines on the lips.


Negatives :-

  • Tested on animals :( why mac, you would have been my favourite otherwise!
  • Quite pricy
  • Drying on the lips
On me :) :


I am not wearing any makeup on my face except for the Russian red lipstick. I have very dry and Chappy lips, but this lipstick evens out my lips :)



A random pic wearing this lipstick :)


My Rating:-
Best lipstick to own : ***** ( 5 out of 5 ) :)

The review is solely based on my experience and my thoughts. I might have skipped a few points which should be included in beauty reviews. I have tried to cover the information to my best knowledge. Do let me know if you think I missed something or if you would want me to include any more information :)

I am wearing this lipstick here and here .

Please let me know if you want me to review any specific products for you. Hope this post was helpful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment